Eligibility for Membership
Membership is available to:
- persons who:
- share the common bond by living or working within Castleblayney and its surrounding areas; or
- members of the same household and family of another credit union member who works in these localities; or
- unincorporated bodies, a majority of whose members are persons who share the common bond; and
- whose applications have been approved for membership by the Credit Union in accordance with this policy and:
- have paid the entrance fee of €1.27 (Adults only – no entrance fee for individuals under 16 years of age); and
- have paid for the minimum share value of €6.35.
Membership ends in the event of:
- account closure
- ceasing to hold the minimum shareholding
- expulsion in accordance with the credit union rules or
- discovery of a defect in a member’s eligibility for membership at the time of their admission, but does not end in the event of a member ceasing to hold the common bond.